Monday, November 30, 2009

Guerrilla Gardening Seed bomb

Eric Norris

Eng 1010

11/30/09

Guerrilla Gardening

Guerrilla gardening is a really cool concept. People going around to places that have been once forgot so they can make it a little bit more taken care of. It’s really interesting to see the reaction that people give you because quite frankly most of them don’t care that you’re planting a new tree, or that you’re throwing seed bombs. In fact most people that see you do any type of guerrilla gardening will help out!

I had a little bit of a hard time finding where to place my seed bomb at first so I went off the beaten trail that I usually take every single day and went on a new path to find a new home for the seed bomb. I walked around for almost an hour and couldn’t find a single spot that I could put this seed bomb where the seeds would flourish. So I went to my car and drove home to my apartment. I had put the seed bomb in my pocket and when I was walking up to my door I realized where I could put it! Right next the stairs going up to my door was a little patch of unused dirt. There was no grass, no plants, and no foliage of any kind in it. So I decided that this is where my seed bomb would be placed.

Finding this little patch of unused dirt made me realize how much I over look everything when I go anywhere, even if I live there. So from now on I think that I will pay a little bit more attention to my surroundings and appreciate the small things even if it is just a flower. Since then I have noticed more empty spots around my complex and am thinking about doing some more guerrilla gardening on my own.

No comments: